OUR TEAM -- Theodore J. ("TJ") van Gerven, Associate Wealth Manager
Theodore J. ("TJ") van Gerven was drawn to wealth management to provide objective advice within a holistic financial planning framework. TJ’s financial planning experience includes the areas of retirement planning, investment planning, insurance planning and risk management, income tax planning, and estate planning.
- At RBH Global Wealth Partners in Reston, Virginia, TJ was a paraplanner/case manager for this wealth management practice. He focused on providing exceptional service to the firm’s high-net-worth clients, as well as operational support.
- While working at RBH, TJ completed a Resident program with Advisors Ahead to gain additional hands-on experience in the areas of financial planning, wealth management, business operations, and portfolio analysis.
- During his Resident program, he also obtained a Certificate in Paraplanner Development through the American College of Financial Services.
- He has special interest on the behavioral side of wealth management, working with clients to coach them through the emotions of financial decision-making and long-term investing.
- TJ has experience working with foreign nationals residing in the United States and U.S. employees of international organizations.
TJ received his BA in Economics from Virginia Tech, along with a minor in Actuarial Science. In 2016, he completed the CFP® coursework through Bryant University and passed the CFP® exam in March 2017. He is expected to meet the requirements to use the designation in May 2018.